Ok, so a bunch of us are headed to the High Guads to go underground this
weekend and this dern fire may just stop us. I got a call from folks at
Lincoln National Forest Guadalupe Ranger District to say that our caving
permits may be pulled due to fire. Its a wait and see how the fire
progresses and which way the wind blows.

I am actually pleased that I got such a call. It was very considerate of
them. They know we will be travelling a long way and just wanted us to be
aware of the situation and to keep calling for updates.

Goods folks at Guadalupe Ranger District in Carlsbad.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12539999

http://www.koat.com/news/23646314/detail.html

Rob