From: Joe Ranzau [mailto:jran...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:35 PM
To: Fritz Holt
Cc: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Minnow

As a recovering prolific poster from around 14 years ago I can appreciate where
you are coming from.  It took several years of folks gently guiding (bashing me
over the head) for me to change.

You have much to contribute but your potential is diluted by each posting.

Others have put this much more eloquently than I am capable of. This list is
not for back and forth chit chat like the GHG listserve often is.

Substantive replies are encouraged. Three word quips while posted are not
needed but a few are easily tolerated. 37 different back and forth quips cause
people like my good friend Martha to jump ship and others to filter you out. I
can easily block all your messages but want to hear what you have to say so I'm
taking the intervention route. Roger's note was obviously not understood so I
went for blunt.

This is like a virtual camp fire where discussion and differing opinions are
encouraged. But just like at a big camp fire if a few folks feel the need to
have a different conversation you get up from your chairs and take it outside
the circle.  If you don't someone will throw empty beer cans at you until you
get the hint.

Please don't take any of this the wrong way. Try not to continue down this path
because we would hate to resort to the kind of stuff that would make Cheney
proud.

Respectfully,

Joe