>Donald,
>
>I am not familiar with White Canyon, Utah, but a Google search
>reveals a canyon by that name in the Lake Powell area. It appears to be a
>slot canyon, at least in places, in sandstone.
>
>Larry Pardue
>
>http://www.americansouthwest.net/slot_canyons/white_canyon/

        Evidently so.  Here's a comment by a professor of geology at
Eastern Washington University, pasted from:

http://thebuelement.blogspot.com/2010/03/karst-topography-hypothesized.html

Friday, March 5, 2010
Karst topography hypothesized...

on Titan: Is That Saturn's Moon Titan or Utah?

Hmm, perhaps. But I don't agree that White Canyon, Utah is representative
of karst topography at all. The interesting area certainly hosts an array
of classic slot canyons (I've engaged in canyoneering in some of them) but
there's no significant limestone and/or gypsum present. Here's the
geologic map and stratigraphic column for your perusal.
Posted by J.P. Buchanan at 7:09 AM

http://geology.utah.gov/online/mp/mp08-3.pdf

                                                        --Donald