Watkins Cave was renamed to "Glowworm Cave" at the Owner's request...

Bill
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Kennedy
  To: mark.al...@l-3com.com ; texascavers@texascavers.com
  Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 2:15 PM
  Subject: [Texascavers] RE: caves in Brewster and Reagan counties

  Mark,

  The TSS has one cave in it's files that fits that description:  Frios
Blowhole (BRE099).  It is on the Pine Mountain East 7.5' quadrangle.  We have
coordinates.  Jerry Atkinson was in contact with the owner in 1995.  One of the
notes in the database says "While it is possible to hand-over-hand the rope
drop into the cave's main room, it would be much safer to install a permanent
ladder or restrict entry to parties demonstrating a knowledge of technical rope
climbing skills."  We have the cave listed as 255m long and about 22m deep.

  Only 3 caves are listed for all of Reagan County:  Watkins Cave, Kemper
Station Cave, and Big Lake State Park Cave.  It looks like some wide-open
speleological territory.

  Jim Kennedy

  TSS Office Manager