That TEA ... well no comment (other than hitting one's head against a
brick wall) ... as a Texas educator I will be happy to retire in 16 mo and
not have deal with TEA anymore but I will miss the working with the
kids (physics teacher)

To keep this post cave related I drag in to the classroom my old retired
cave rope, repelling rack, 8 rings, old Jumars, bat detector and lessons
include:
1) frictional coefficient of the rack on the rope
2) tug-o-war with the 220' rope - demo balanced forces
3) frequency division of ultrasonic sounds (extra credit to go watch a
bat flight)
4) show the kiddos some caving slides

When I taught IPC in the chemistry section lessons included:
1) chemistry of the carbide lamp (yup, brought it to class)
2) chemistry of cave formation process
3) show the kiddos some cave slides

~F~