texascavers Digest 22 Feb 2010 15:09:55 -0000 Issue 980

Topics (messages 13784 through 13797):

foremost caver
        13784 by: Mixon Bill
        13793 by: Don Cooper

Re: cave guns
        13785 by: Matt Turner
        13786 by: Mark Minton
        13787 by: Linda Palit
        13788 by: Fofo
        13789 by: Don Arburn
        13790 by: JerryAtkin.aol.com
        13791 by: Allan Cobb
        13792 by: Pete Lindsley
        13794 by: Rod Goke
        13795 by: tbsamsel.verizon.net

Thanks, Pete
        13796 by: speleosteele.tx.rr.com

caves versus guns
        13797 by: Andy Gluesenkamp

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message --- David, I actually followed one of your links. Nobody claimed the person was _the_ state's "foremost caver." The article merely said he was _one of_ Alaska's foremost cavers. That could mean anything, especially considering how many cavers there are in Alaska. I could come up with names of dozens of Texas "foremost cavers." -- Mixon
All the world’s a stage, but the play is badly cast.
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I thought Foremost was pretty good milk.

-WaV

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Mixon Bill <bmixon...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

> David, I actually followed one of your links. Nobody claimed the person was
> _the_ state's "foremost caver." The article merely said he was _one of_
> Alaska's foremost cavers. That could mean anything, especially considering
> how many cavers there are in Alaska. I could come up with names of dozens of
> Texas "foremost cavers." -- Mixon
> All the world’s a stage, but the play is badly cast.
> You may "reply" to the address this message
> came from, but for long-term use, save:
> Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
> AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Though not a surprise to anyone who knows me. I definitely would not have a
problem with someone carrying a gun with them to a cave. Would I?  Probably not
mainly from a logistical problem.

I don't think as many cavers as you think have problems with guns. I mean just
this weekend at See my shovel I brought out a small arsenal of weapons( of
course with the land owners blessing) and most of the cavers there had a
blast(pun intended) with them. It was a nice after caving, pre-campfire,
activity.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people using guns, knives, cars, and
airplanes.
 Matt Turner

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it." - Aristotle

"Empty pockets never held anyone back.Only empty heads and empty hearts can do
that."- Norman Vincent Peale