Isn't it a bit late for Mark's sanity? ;-)

Cheers,
Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Goldsmith [mailto:wo...@justfamily.org]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 3:01 PM
To: Jim Kennedy
Cc: Pete Lindsley; TexasCavers; Stefan Creaser
Subject: Re: Digital

I'm ok with you wanting a high quality print Jim, and most people are.
 But why should the majority of the TSA membership pay for a few
people that want the high quality?

If the majority of the whole membership wants to continue paying, I'm
ok with it, but it always seems that the people who want the hardcopy
is in the minority.

My opinion, we put a monetary value with it, if you want a printed
hard copy, mailed to you, you get to pay extra :)  That would help
cover the rising costs of printing and mailing it, and would push more
people to use  the digital copy.

I know a lot of people are against this, no one wants to spend more
money, but lets be realistic for a bit and humor me.

Prices are going to continue to go up on postage and printing costs.
TSA is in the black right now, largely due to the few who went
Digital.  As overhead continues to go up, do we adjust membership
fees?

My vote, drop mailing copies (cept to those who want to pay a
surcharge for it) and go Digital completely.  This would save TSA a
lot of money, save Mark's sanity, and free up a lot of TSA money for
other things.

You could even drop rates for TSA membership if you wanted.

Charles

medium.  Thank you.