http://tinyurl.com/yd5f3fe

Take care,

     - Fofo

Stefan Creaser wrote, on 12/12/09 11:06:
Are you sure it was a typo, wasn't it one of Shackleton's descendants
who gave it a go?
Cheers,
Stefan
-----Original Message-----
From: Fofo [mailto:gonza...@msu.edu] Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2009 1:02 PM
To: texascavers
Subject: [Texascavers] Teenager, 17, hopes to outdo Shackleton and walk
to south pole
Howdy!
There's an interesting article in The Guardian. Not related to caves, though, but about an expedition to the South Pole:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/dec/11/katie-walter-south-pole-shackle
ton
One interesting bit of information is that Shackleton gave it another try earlier this year: "Shackleton and two others got to within 112 miles of the south pole in January 2009 before abandoning their attempt with food supplies running short."
Wow, you'd think that they would have been better prepared this time!
      - Fofo

(PS: I realize that the Shackleton 2009 thing a typo)

You may reply to mmin...@caver.net
Permanent email address is mmin...@illinoisalumni.org