I have made a PDF file of Carl Eigenmann's book Cave Vertebrates of America, 1909, 241 pp plus 30 plates. It is based on Microsoft's scanned version of the book, but much improved by straightening pages, restoring the background to white, and restoring the photos to their original contrast. (But it still is based on a ~150 DPI heavily compressed Microsoft scan, so don't expect miracles.) The text is searchable to the extent that Adobe Acrobat's OCR could interpret it, which seems fairly respectable except for italics, which are, conventionally but unfortunately here, used for genus and species names.

The file is 63 MB. If anyone is interested in a copy, let me know. Most efficient would be a flash-drive transfer at a UT Grotto meeting or the spring TSA convention. I could also FTP the thing somewhere. Or a CD as a last resort. Anybody have a suggestion for some web site that might want to add it? (I've already e-mailed Bill Elliott.) -- Mixon
Chastity: The most unnatural perversion.
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org