I distinctly recall having ASS meetings where we talked about caves
that individuals COULD go to if they had the correct permission.  And
then "after" the meeting, someone would let it slip that they had
information where that was, and invite all their friends... Who of
course happened to be at the meeting.  I think we were vaguely aware
of some sort of red tape we might encounter if we officially invited
people representing ourselves as the organization and not as an
individual.  You can't assume people will take responsibility for
their own actions- adult or not.

Waivers were always signed, just in case.  I only remember meeting the
faculty advisor once, however, who evidently was the original advisor
in 1977.  He never came to a meeting, he'd just sign the club approval
and sponsorship papers once a year- a practice I'm pretty sure that
has been grandfathered in.

-B