From: Aaron Birenboim <ca...@boim.com>
To: nmca...@caver.net
Sent: Sat, January 30, 2010 7:16:47 AM
Subject: [NMCAVER] LNF closing issues

What shall we say about the spectre of going to a guide system in the
LNF caves?

We have had these discussions before, and I know that many people,
myself included, feel that a guide system is bad for the caves.
Commercialization of cave visitation leads to higher visitation
in caves, by less experienced people and more impact.
In addition, I do not trust all guides to uphold the conservation
ethics of the NSS.  When money gets involved, rules tend to get bent.
Would commercial guides actually go through the trouble and expense
of enforcing proper WNS decon procedures?

How might we voice these concerns in our letters?

            aaron