texascavers Digest 10 Oct 2009 06:23:11 -0000 Issue 867

Topics (messages 12284 through 12291):

Re: Men indicted on charge of killing endangered bats :
        12284 by: vivbone.att.net

Re: WNS ALERT -- Congress Needs to Hear Us NOW!
        12285 by: Mark Minton

Re: Free Carbide
        12286 by: Fritz Holt
        12287 by: Jim Kennedy

Want to buy a raffle ticket to win an airplane?
        12288 by: Emily McGowan

BATS, CAVES AND BUGS AT THE SCIENCE MUSEUM OF VIRGINIA :
        12289 by: JerryAtkin.aol.com

Re: [tlamaqui] Compa�ero con Histo Mejora
        12290 by: Mark Minton

Government Canyon caving
        12291 by: Marvin & Lisa

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
 it's encouraging to see all the comments on the news story, every one berating
the idiot-sadists who did this.
  -------------- Original message from jerryat...@aol.com: --------------

Pair Charged with Killing Endangered Bats

Two men have been indicted on federal charges of killing endangered bats at
Carter Caves State Park.Posted: 9:38 AM Oct 7, 2009
Reporter: WSAZ News Staff
Email Address: n...@wsaz.com

ASHLAND, Ky. (WSAZ) -- Two men have been indicted on federal charges of killing
endangered bats at Carter Caves State Park.
Kaleb Dee Morgan Carpenter and Lonnie Skaggs are charged with killing 23 bats
in Laurel Cave on October 23, 2007. Skaggs is also charged with killing another
82 bats three days later.
Wildlife officials say the bats were hibernating when they were killed.
The indictment says the pair used flashlights, rocks and their feet to kill the
bats.
If convicted, the men face up to a year in prison and a fine.
The indictment does not list where the men are from or their ages.
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/63668292.html

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- The following message was posted by Cheryl Jones on behalf of Peter Youngbaer.

Mark Minton