texascavers Digest 2 Nov 2009 15:35:29 -0000 Issue 880

Topics (messages 12477 through 12495):

Re: Statuesque Cavers
        12477 by: Frank Binney
        12478 by: dirtdoc.comcast.net
        12481 by: dirtdoc.comcast.net

Chinese compasses
        12479 by: Gill Edigar
        12480 by: speleosteele.tx.rr.com

Re: Jim White statue to be unveiled at NCKRI :
        12482 by: JerryAtkin.aol.com
        12484 by: John Brooks
        12485 by: speleosteele.tx.rr.com

cave diving related
        12483 by: David

Caver statues
        12486 by: Gill Edigar

Punkin in the news
        12487 by: Ron Ralph
        12489 by: Don Arburn

Hudson and Holder
        12488 by: Carl Kunath
        12490 by: Gill Edigar

Re: Oncor land grab in San Saba County (OT)
        12491 by: Susie Giles

Spurs player kills a bat!
        12492 by: Alex Sproul

Re: Elections final
        12493 by: Mark.Alman.l-3com.com

Monica's birthday
        12494 by: Gill Edigar

Punkin Cave survey expedition
        12495 by: Jim Kennedy

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
> ³Xu traveled more than 5,000 km, surveyed 300 caves by himself²

What type of survey instruments did he use? Brunton or Suunto?

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

I think it was compass and pace, and he WAS a good sketcher. I've been in one
of the caves he mapped, with his map.  The map looks like the cave.  Like, man,
that was only 400 years ago!  He diserves a statue!

I don't have a reference to verify that he was accompanied by his trusty dog,
Chow.

DirtDoc