The caver that Diana mentioned from Houston, is Ronnie Harrison.

He came to the Houston grotto meetings as a kid or teenager back in the
80's.
He was super enthusiastic about becoming a caver.    I don't know if anybody
ever
took his enthusiasm seriously.    ( I wasn't around then, so someone else
will
have to fill in the details or correct me )

I met him around 1989 or 90, and invited him on
a rappelling trip / camping trip.    He seemed like someone I would
want to take caving.    But then he disappeared, at least from
our point of view, and we lost contact with him for about 15 years.

He apparently ended up down in the south Pacific doing some caving on his
own,
before he finally made contact with the folks in Kentucky.

Apparently, he goes caving in the Roppel System and makes several trips from
Houston.

He gave the GHG a presentation last year, and I was quite surprised to
see him and learn of his caving accomplishments.

It was great to see him at ICS.

David Locklear