From: pns_...@bellsouth.net
To: Texascavers@texascavers.com
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:07:33 -0600
Subject: [Texascavers] Havew you been short changed at a Pemex?

I have been ripped off a time or two at Pemex.

Here is a story from a Mexico rv forum.

 "In my 9 years of coming to Mexico for the winter,I've always been careful to
watch what the attendant does,but today he got me just when I was distracted
for a second.He shut it down and replaced the cap and told me to come inside
for paying.I hesitated and walked back to see the amount and the pumps were
blank.
He took a minute or two waiting for the machine to spit out a receipt,then he
handed it to me and right away I noticed it was for at least $26.00 more than
it should be.I deal with liters at home so I know almost exactly what it
takes,and knew this was wrong, but he didn't back down.He was charging me for
83 liters and the truck only holds 100 and it was just below half when I came
in.
I had no proof to argue the point,so paid and stomped out only to find my gauge
reading 3/4 full.
And now as I sit at the RV park in Hermosillo,I look at that receipt,which by
the way he crumpled up and threw away and I retrieved,and I see that it is
dated for yesterday at 5:17.Not even my receipt.
So be ware you guys coming down Mex 15.Its just a few miles south of Santa
Ana.A big one on the west side.#3811
Can anyone direct me to a site to go after these guys?"

"Send a complaint to this email: satciu...@cgc.pemex.com "

"It is important to always ask for a ticket. With the ticket, you have a much
better chance of winning your case. Just ask for a "comprobante" or "ticket".
If you pay with credit or debit there is no losing, you have all the proof you
want."

Hope this helps someone. This type of problem in Mexico is not as common as it
once was, but it still pays to be alert at the gas station.

Preston in Outer Browder, KY