Heck, Brian, I did that on the way to work this AM!

Now, I'm about to leave work and have to do it all over again.   8^)>

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek) Mark

________________________________

From: Brian Riordan [mailto:riordan.br...@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 8/21/2009 2:35 PM
To: Texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Bear Grylls goes caving (with a torch made of a
strip of t-shirt soaked in wild boar fat)

Ok, so maybe Bear has some help.  Maybe he spits out the zebra corpse
and chases the taste away with big mac as soon as the shot is over.
He might even get foot rubs every night and sleep on siberian goose
down comforters with 1500 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets.
Regardless, he's a badass on screen.  Who goes researching what Clint
Eastwood did between 'being a badass' shots to invalidate how cool he
was?  I eat it up.

And let's face it: if your'e ever in the likely situation where you've
just killed a wild boar and are facing having to negotiate a pitch
black cave, you're gonna give the old wild-boar-fat-torch a try, and
you'll be glad ole' Bear gave you a heads up.

The horse comment was pretty bad, I admit.  But who can argue with
wringing water out of fresh elephant feces to stay hydrated?  I feel
like I can counter any nay-sayers with that last bit of Bear trivia.
For example, please refer to the following hypothetical dialogue:

Coworker X:  "Bear Grylles is a fraud and broke my trust by smuggling
a tic tac between shots.  And I heard from a reliable source that he
uses his outrageous income to sleep at hotels while shooting an
episode."

Me:  "...Yah, that may be true, Coworker X, but he drank elephant
feces juice.  Elephant.  Feces.  Juice.  Ruminate on that prospect a
moment and then call him a poser again..."

-B