In the early days, we used to take cans and cans of Vienna Sausages or Deviled
Ham for cave food. When Mike McConnell and I used to take first-timers to
Mexico over Xmas, we finally started taking the canned chickens and sometimes
got veggies in the market for camp food. Took canned hams to the people who
lived in the area where we went caving and they looked after our rigs.