Good luck with it, and I'll help if you need it.  You may have
problems reading the Apple II's disks on a PC, I'm not sure what
format those are.

5 Mouth is on my calendar.  Tell Lucas to come join us for our DFW
Grotto meeting (every 4th wednesday at REI in north Dallas).   I don't
know how many people will be in my truck and gear, but we'll find him
a ride if he wants one.

Charles

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM, J. LaRue Thomas<jlrbi...@sonoratx.net> wrote:
> Charles,
> Thanks for the offer--the disks may be unreadable but it's worth a shot. I
> will be at my Mom's where the disks are end of October and will I guess UPS
> them home, I don't think I should carry them on the plane. So far the
> consensus is to get ahold of a 5 1/4" drive (flea market, eBay) and connect
> it to my computer. Since I have an older (10+ years) PC I use for
> non-internet work stuff and it has a 3 1/2 floppy drive already, I can
> probably get it hooked up to a 5 1/4".
>
> My father was a brilliant engineer with several patents, including for the
> first "electric eye" for automatic adjustment of fstop and time. He was one
> of the first to use a desktop computer at work. He convinced Bell & Howell
> to order Apple IIs for all engineers and convinced Apple to modify the Apple
> IIs slightly for B&H's use. I wish I had known more about computers then and
> am hoping the disks from those years will be helpful.
>
> Thanks again for the offer, Charles--I may still need your equipment but
> I'll give the other a try first. Jacqui
>
> ps. Still on for 5 Mouth? There is a young man in the DFW area who is
> relocated from Odessa and best friends with a PBSS dude. He has been to 5
> Mouth, the 1st trip, and may want to join us. I don't have Lucas's contact
> info but if you're still coming and you'd still like a rider I can get the
> contact info. J.
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Goldsmith"
> <wo...@justfamily.org>

>>> computers (1 Apple, 1 PC) but both died many years ago. I do not even