I haven't seen anyone post a summary of activities going on at ICS.

Everyone that I have spoken to here on campus says that ICS has been a
great event so far.

Here is my personal viewpoint, so far:

First of all, a handful of Texas cavers are working their tails off
since I arrived on
Friday afternoon.   I have personally seen Pete Strickland and Don Arburn busy
as beavers.   That may be an understatement.

Other Texas cavers seem to be running around doing ICS task and they too seem
very busy.    Some of these are: Bob Cowell, John Cradit, Bill Steele,
Joe Ranzau, Sara
Ranzau, Don Broussard, Will Harris, Gill Ediger, Joe Mitchell, Allen
Cobb, Bill Mixon,
Mercy Raines, Lisa Goggin, Denise Prendergast, Charles Goldsmith, Becky Jones,
Carl Ponebshek, and Travis Scott.

Obviously, I am leaving off many hard-working volunteers, because they are busy
somewhere where that I was not.

Here is a list of cavers, I have personally seen on campus having fun,
either at Groad Hollow, or the Howdy Party or at other activities.

( some of these are probably working hard on something ICS related )

Mike Walsh, Andy Gluesenkamp, Ron Ralph, Lee Jay Graves,
Tom Byrd, Lyndon Tiu, Mark Alman, Don Formanek, Sid Formanek,
Mallory Mayeux, Marvin Miller, Kurt Menking & son, and
Sue Schindel, Paul Bryant, Jacqui Thomas, Bill Bentley, Katie Arens,
Bill Russell
David Ochel, Dale Barnard, Jocelyn Hooper, Melanie Alspaugh,
Bob "Rune" Burnett, Susan Souby, Devra Heyer, Rod Goke, Tom Summers,
Wes Schumacher, Aimee Beveridge, Geary Schindel, Walt Olenick,
Rae Nadler-Olenick, Ernie Garza, Andy Grubbs, Ronald Rutherford,
Grace Borengasser, Vivian Loftin, Linda Palit, Keith Goggin,
Jean Krejca, Jim Kennedy, Gary Napper, Don Cooper,
Blake Harrison & wife, and

Liza Colucci, Terry Raines, Jay Jorden,
Graham Schindel, Bill Rupley, Gary Franklin, Barbe Barker, Ed Alexander,
Terri Sprouse, Oscar Berrones, Pam Stephens, Bill Stephens,
Nancy Weaver, Ellie Watson, Geoff Hoese, Terry Holsinger, Steve Keselik,
and Vico Jones.

One name seems to deserve special mention - George Veni.
I believe the success of this ICS is mostly due to his hard work and vision.
Schreiner seems like a great place to hold this event, and he has
apparently done a fine job getting the university to welcome cavers.

If I left your name off, it is either because of my fuzzy memory, or
that I can not yet put your face with your name.

So drop by my camp near Groad Hollow and say hello.

If you are here at ICS and read this, feel free to correct it, add to it, etc.

to be continued ....

David Locklear