For the past 6 months I've written to cajole, harrangue and generally beat the bushes for volunteers for ICS. Well all of you came through spectacularly to create an event that every participant I spoke with had nothing but praise for. There were those of you that worked round the clock, and behind the scenes and pretty much thanklessly, so THANK YOU, you were seen and appreciated. and those that stepped in whenever there was a need no matter how bizarre - pump beer for 4 hours? take a visitor to mass? make a flight change in chinese?

What I admire far and away about cavers is not our science or explorations or photography or presentations but that wonderful ingenuity, sense of humour (mechanical bull, putting tee by the portapotty) general willingness to jump right in whenever and wherever something needs to get done and generosity of community.

Hooray for all of us,

Nancy