The post-exposure rabies vaccination is now quite painless and has no side
effects. About five years ago I accidentally placed my hand on a bat while
exploring a fort on the Mesa de Cartujanos near Lampazos. I went to
Brackenridge Hospital in Austin to get the shots. On the first day there are
five shots, all painless, one in in each thigh, two in the butt and one in
the arm. There are a few followup shots over a few weeks, also painless.
There were no reactions of any kind.

Terry Plemons