texascavers Digest 19 May 2009 17:40:12 -0000 Issue 760

Topics (messages 10712 through 10724):

National Geographic TAG Article
        10712 by: Minton, Mark
        10714 by: Mark.Alman.l-3com.com

Mexican vertical caving event
        10713 by: Mixon Bill
        10715 by: Minton, Mark

UT Grotto - Wed May 20
        10716 by: Gary Franklin

paging mike burrell, please
        10717 by: donsid.comcast.net

Memorial Day Deep and Punkin Work Weekend
        10718 by: Geary Schindel
        10722 by: Rick Corbell
        10723 by: Jon Cradit
        10724 by: Geary Schindel

WNS Update
        10719 by: Minton, Mark
        10720 by: Minton, Mark

Texas Parks and Wildlife
        10721 by: Fritz Holt

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
      There is a nice article in the June issue of "National Geographic"
magazine about caving in TAG.  It features Marion Smith.

Mark Minton

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

There's also some very nice wallpaper that accompanies this article at
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/wallpaper/download

I have the Stephens Gap shot set as my background on my LCD monitor and
it looks fantastic!

Check it out.

Another Mark (Alman)

Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:11:23 -0500
From: gschin...@edwardsaquifer.org
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
CC: jcra...@edwardsaquifer.org; gschin...@mindspring.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Memorial Day Deep and Punkin Work Weekend

[...]
Hotmail® goes with you.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Be glad to have you.

We'll probably be low on beer by then and need a resupply anyway.

Jon

________________________________

Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:11:23 -0500
From: gschin...@edwardsaquifer.org
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
[...]

Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
<http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_Mobile1_052009>

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Sure,

Come on by.

Geary

Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:11:23 -0500
From: gschin...@edwardsaquifer.org
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
[...]

      For the latest White Nose Syndrome News, see below

Mark Minton

Begin forwarded message:

Peter Youngbaer, NSS White Nose Syndrome (WNS) Liaison, has requested
the following information be immediately sent out on the Grotto
Conservation Network (GCN).  To ensure widest dissemination,
permission is granted to re-post on caver listservers, chatrooms,
newsletters, etc.

  For Jim Werker and Val Hildreth-Werker, NSS Conservation Co-Chairs

    Steve Smith
    GCN Coordinator

The WNS page on caves.org has just received a major facelift and a lot
of new content.
Take a look:
http://www.caves.org/WNS/index.htm

The latest Breaking News is still displayed at the top, and you can
now more easily find all the most recent info on Cave Closures, Media
Articles, Decon, and Research Science.

Some very important things are about to happen, including a
Congressional hearing on WNS.

Please spread the word.   Thank you.

Peter Youngbaer
NSS WNS Liaision

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
      It has been pointed out that the link I sent for the NSS WNS web page goes through my email, which you would not have access to.  Here is the proper URL:

<http://www.caves.org/WNS/index.htm>

      Sorry!

Mark

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Many of you may have already seen the June issue which has an eleven page
spread on caves, karst and cavers. I received my copy yesterday. It features
two of my favorites from my early days when we were all "spelunkers (I still
am), The Devil's Sinkhole and Frio Bat Cave.
Fritz

--- End Message ---