ICS attendees would have some muddy fun at Prassel Ranch Cave.

This cave is about 15 miles north of CWAN, and along the same road
if my memory is correct.

The entrance is only about 200 feet east of the road.

I don't have any idea how to gain access to the cave, but
if the owner lived near Houston, I would be willing to talk
to him.

And this cave has had a going lead for 30 something years.   Right ?

This is a cave that would be more fun if it had a shaft entrance.     You
have fun "salamandering" for hours only to turn around and repeat the
same to get out of the cave.      I don't know how common "salamandering"
is in other cave regions of the world, as it is not described in caving
books.       For those of you who have never done it, the problem is
that the mud is over knee deep and the water is waste deep.     So you
can only progess by slithering along in the cold wet mud on your belly.
So you need excellent gloves as the mud is gritty and your hands are
pickled.     You also need a wet-suit to help you with bouyancy and
the wet cold water.     And you need boots that don't pull of your feet.
The zip up neoprene booties work o.k, preferably the kind with they
heavy rubberized toe protectors.

Prassel Ranch Cave is fun cave that you will probably only want to
visit once or twice.     I don't know if TSS has GPS coordinates for
this cave or if someone knows where it is on Google Earth.     I think
only a trickle of water flows from the entrance.

Any other comments ?

David Locklear
caver in Fort Bend County