>"The Cave" producers hired this company called "Karst Productions" out of
>Florida for their underwater cave shooting. They look and sound like pros
>who know what they are doing. But I betcha some Hollywood exec
>overruled a lot  of their recommendations as to how real cavers/divers do
>their thing inside a cave.

You nailed it, Lyndon.  Karst Productions is Wes Skiles and Jill Heinerth, both NSS and CDS members, and the best underwater videographers in the business, bar none.  (You'll see some of their work at the ICS.)  And yes, they were asked to do some really dumb things, from a caver perspective (like the underwater explosions), but hey, money talks and bullshit walks. They're running a business, and laugh about "The Cave" just like the rest of us -- all the way to the bank, in their case.

Alex

Alex Sproul, NSS 8086
SpeleMedia Coordinator, ICS 2009
speleme...@ics2009.us