I was only trying to compare the camping experiences of the
various conventions.     The comment about the tree was an effort to
show that the convention was fun even
though the attendance was low.

Had the huge tree not been there, the campers would have scattered out
all over the shadeless muddy field and it just would not have been the same
camaraderie.

I didn't see much shade at the campground on the Shriener campus,
so I plan to bring all my tarps.

Walmart, Target, Academy, etc, sell a large octagon-shaped screened
shelter.     These work great for this kind of camping.
They all come with a cheezy plastic connector at the top that is
the weak link in the structure.      I recommend if you have one of these
or plan to get one, that you wrap the plastic part in glue and duct-tape,
and then poke holes in the tape where the poles fit into the part.    After
that, it should weather a storm.     I have one of these and plan to
bring it.

David Locklear