Brinkmann has an ingenious idea.

They are now selling their LED headlamps in a 3-pack.

I am going to call this one, "The Bill Steele Edition."

For $ 15 plus tax, you get 3 LED headlamps.

The product is sold at Home Depot.

The lights have 6 LED's with a unique reflector.
They appear to be almost water resistant, and
they are lightweight and compact.

I didn't open the package, but they look as good
as what many cavers were using about 5 years
ago.

What will the Chinese LED manufacturer's
think of next ?

If you think I am loco about LED's, there must be
a 1,000 designers way more loco over there getting
these products to market.    That must take some
kind of dedication.    I wonder if they don't have
LED headlamp making contest over there ?   The
winner gets to go home and eat supper with his
family, or something that you and I take for granted.

( I am referring to the sweat-shops there, not the
culture or the people. )

On a related note,

if this product succeeds, every adult American could
have an LED headlamp.

David Locklear

P.S.   It seems like to me that many products like this
are in the stores long before they are ever mentioned on
the web.     I did not see this package anywhere on the
web.