DL: I am just curious how many CaveTex readers plan to camp at the campus,
and if you plan to camp all week.

GV: Based on projections from the ICS registration database, I guess between
600-700 people will be camping. I know that many Texas cavers who normally
would camp are staying in hotels, dorms, etc. because they are working on
the ICS and need an easy set-up for rest and preparation for the next day's
work.

DL: They... will plan to camp at the last minute.

GV: Camping does not require early registration. There is plenty of space
and people can sign up to camp when they arrive.

DL: The swimming pool is near the campground, but it may not be open late at
night after the sessions. Anybody know?

GV: The swimming pool will be open daily from noon until 8 p.m. every day.
The area is not lit at night and for safety reasons it will not be open at
later hours.

DL: I did not get a chance to walk down to the swimming hole near the
campus. I don't know how far it is from the campground or how nice it is. I
presume a trail there leads to the swimming hole?

GV: Pete Strickland has established a trail to the river. It is a short walk
of about 3-8 minutes from the two trailheads on campus. The river is not
particularly deep in that area, but it is cool and wet.

DL: I presume the beer situation is under control since one of the major
sponsors is a beer corporation. Has that ever happened before?

GV: Spoetzl Brewery, the maker of the fine Shiner beers, is an ICS sponsor
and will keep everyone's beer mugs filled. Thank Spoetzl with your
patronage. Frank Binney set this up and Bill Steele worked out the details.
Thank them with a Shiner or two at events other than the ICS, where the beer
is included in the price of registration.