Yes, he is still around and classifying limestone, flint and other rock. For
his Classification of Carbonates into 11 types, he is considered a God by
cavers.

Folk, Robert L
Professor Emeritus, Department of Geological Sciences

PH.D. Geology, Pennsylvania State College, 1952

Email: rlf...@mail.utexas.edu
Work: (512) 471-5294
Fax: (512) 471-9425

Address:
The University of Texas at Austin
Department of Geological Sciences
1 University Station C1100
Austin, TX 78712-0254

UT Mailcode: C1100
Office: JGB 4.140

Bio
Publications (PDF)

Areas of Expertise:
Sedimentary Petrology. studying mineralogy and nannobiology of hot springs
in Italy, the role of nannobacteria in creating carbonate rocks. work on
cherts, opals, sulfides of iron and other metals, and metal oxides,
nannobacteria in martian meteorites and weathering of igneous rocks by
nannobacteria under a variety of conditions in Tahiti, West Texas, and
Lombardia, Italy.

The wise Wesolowsky spoke also:

How nice to see Bob's name on this list! Mott Davis characterized him as
"an original mad genius," albeit one that made a lot of practical sense.
[Ron Ralph] <snip>

I think he's still with us, so pardon my use of the past tense.

                        ---abw