From: Gill Ediger [mailto:gi...@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:02 AM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Ibberson has died

For those few Texas cavers who may have known Dale Ibberson--a very
active mover and shaker in the York Grotto, Pennsylvania, West
Virginia, and MAR caving scene in general, and the NSS for over 40
years--I'm sorry to have to report that he died a few days ago. The
information I have is a bit sketchy so I can't supply any more
details right now.

Dale was a good friend of mine since the early '70s. He was an ardent
speleo-historian. The walls of his house were lined with bookshelves
filled not only with books but with all sorts of art related to caves
and caving. He was a major figure in caving politics in the MAR for
as long as he'd been caving. Dale was an excellent example of a caver
dedicated to the sport.

--Ediger