ANOTHER Caveat -
And this especially applies to VISTA (Oh, I forgot they call it Mojave
now):
Many peripherals have no drivers written (yet) to handle 64 bit operating
systems.
One of the presents my brother gave to himself and his home entertainment
system on Xmas was a new HP computer to go with his 42" HP plasma flat
screen panel.
He got gobs of memory, and to be able to address those gobs, he had the
computer pre-installed with Vista 64  to handle 5 or 6 gigs. (one gig, I
believe is dedicated to video shadowing)
As his flat screen did not come with a broadcast HD receiver (ATSC
compatible or something like that?) he figured he'd finally overcome that
shorfall with a HD TV card in his 'television computer'.   So after months
of furtive dismissal of my dissaproval of Vista (and I've never been a
microsoft fan) now he's got egg on his face.  Maybe he'll have better luck
with a Hauppage card - but the one he bought flat out didnt work and the
customer service reps he reached didn't seem to understand the issue.
The internal BlueRay player - made by LG - did work.  However, older
releases of movies seem to employ 'dithering' to hike that resolution up to
1240 x 1080p - so the disk might BE B.R. but if you look close enough you
can tell that bit by bit - its only been extrapolated from DVD format.
-Happy New Year
 WaV