Any of you get BBCAmerica? I like TOPGEAR.. with Jeremy Clarkson, James May &
Richard Hammond.

http://www.topgear.com/us/the_show/

It would be interesting for them to do their ratings of vehicles other than
Lamborghinis, Fiat Pandas, etc.

Say, have them dismantle a UNIMOG or summat.

It's no secret that Ford's new F-150 SVT Raptor is a seriously capable off-road
truck; when we got a ride in it earlier this month it was clear after a few 100
mph, speed-limiter-slamming runs through the desert that Ford didn't skimp on
the truck's durability. Or speed. Even so, it surprised some people last
weekend when it placed third in Class 8 in the Baja 1000.

Baja is real man's motor racing; half of the trucks that start don't finish, so
that the Raptor did is already impressive. But it did more than just survive,
placing on the podium in Class 8 (as the truck isn't in production yet, it
couldn't run with other production trucks in Stock Full). It finished using
some bits from the stock Raptor llike the transmission, brakes, axles, and
frame.

Moreover, the truck used a lightly warmed over 500 hp version of the Raptor's
6.2L V8--consumers will be offered essentially the same engine. "Even with the
extreme capability of the F-150 SVT Raptor right out of the box, we know our
customers will want to take its performance to an even higher level," said Ford
Racing sales and marketing manager Jamie Allison. "This race truck will be
invaluable to Ford Racing as we examine what performance parts we'll be able to
offer customers for the production Raptor."

This all bodes well for potential Raptor owners. Now when do we get to drive?

T.

http://home.infionline.net/~tbsamsel/