Try 'Naked DSL' from AT&T.  I'm paying only $34 a month for access that
usually tests downloading at about 2.5Mb/sec and uploads at 410 Kb/sec (
http://www.speedtest.net).
I think Naked DSL is also available at about 800 Kb/sec for $18/ month (But
then you'd probably not *even* be able to watch full screen HD streaming
video).

Oh yeah - using a quantum pre-fetch add-on appliance on the backplane of the
golden idol power matrix, your applications can load before you even start
the computer.  Access is instantaneous, but due to temporal distortions,
users of this device have complained of being revisited by puberty and dead
relatives.  It only costs 35 billion dollars, but since money doesnt
actually exist beyond the quantum continuum - you can easily afford it, (but
only if you don't wish for it or go on and on trying to gauge opinions of it
by bystanders who couldn't possibly care less).
Cheers!
-WaV