I stand corrected. Things like the NSS bylaws can be reached on its web site via another route that isn't protected (or go straight to http://caves.org/nss-business/bog/Bylaws.pdf [the hyphen is in the URL]). What this shows is how confusing it can be when there is more than one route to the same info on a web site.

Also, there are errors on the on-line page about membership types. What I wrote about how much credit sustaining members get toward life membership is correct; the NSS web page is wrong.

I know this stuff because I rewrote the membership bylaws many years ago. Even then, there were too many membership classes, but in order to get the revision passed, all I did was straighten out the mess, not try to make any changes. Since then, things have only gotten worse, with serveral additions. -- Mixon
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org