I saw a Hybrid Chevy Malibu driving down the road in Houston today.
I am pretty sure
this car isn't yet available in Texas.      My best guess is that it
was a 2009 model because
the license plate said "MANUFACTURER," instead of "DEALER."

Although I poke fun at American made cars, I do hope this car is
successful.     I rented
a 2007 Malibu and it was a nice ride.

There are still a few hybrids that I have not yet seen at the dealer.

1.    Saturn Aura
2.    Nissan Altima
3.    Cadillac Escalade

And there are several that I have only seen in dealer show rooms and
never actually
on the road.

1.    2007 Chevy Silverado Truck
2.    Lexus GS 450 sedan.
3.    Lexus LS 600 sedan.

Honda claims it is bringing back the Insight next year in a 4 door model:

http://automobiles.honda.com/content/zulu/phase2/photos/PR.jpg

It looks too much like a Prius.

Based on my years of experience with my 2002 Insight, I don't think I would
recommend the new one to people who need inexpensive transportation.
    However, I bet it is going
to be a good car for a small family that does a lot of commuting, and probably
more practical than my 2007 Honda Fit.

Ford is claiming that the 2009 model of the Escape Hybrid is better
than the 2008.
It will go 40 miles per hour on just electricity instead of 30.    It
has much better brakes,
and a tiny bit more power.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autobloggreen.com/media/2008/05/2009-escape-hybrid-1280-7.jpg

If you already own a Prius, how about modifying its aerodynamics for
better MPG on the highway:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autobloggreen.com/media/2008/12/179-9583-1.jpg