texascavers Digest 14 Sep 2008 01:59:28 -0000 Issue 605

Topics (messages 8912 through 8915):

Re: Park Service repairs vandalized ruins
        8912 by: J. LaRue Thomas
        8913 by: Ted Samsel

Putting An APB Out for Ed Goff, Michelle and Paul Bryant, and James Nance
        8914 by: Mark Alman

TCR Speleolympics and Declaration of Challenge
        8915 by: Ryan McCormick

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message --- Graffiti definition (Webster): unauthorized writing or drawing on a public surface. From Italian graffito (singular) graffiti (plural)

So unless the cave painting people were unauthorized, I guess their drawings and paintings were always safe. We are still left thinking about the over 50 years ago but contemporary writing, though. Since the word wasn't in use in English until 1946 maybe we didn't have the concept, either, so those scribbles, carvings and paintings were safe before 1946 (except, of course, from Italians). Jacqui

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nancy Weaver" <nan...@io.com>