http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080917/capt.0003e16f6c134227b285c8a62ff3f86a.aptopix_ike_texas_txtg124.jpg?x=400&y=266&q=85&sig=UMr5PDQntMYt9Ed0lN9vvg
--

Above is a picture of a really good restaurant on Bolivar Peninisula.

I ate there several times about a month ago.    Very delicious food, and
good service.    They had something
that tasted better than anywhere else I have eaten.    I can't remember what
it was but something like beer battered
green beans or something like that.

My brother had $ 600 worth of food coupons there that he won on a slot
machine in
the back of the the restaurant.     I was hoping to go down there with him
and pig out.

The area was booming and there were lots of new restaurants and fancy homes
that
seemed very well built.     It was a well kept secret, because they didn't
want the rif-raft
and thugs that had sometimes frequented Galveston beaches to take the ferry
and
come over there.

The beach was clean and friendly, but the water was sometimes dirty with
floating
sea-weed.

The folks there should have built some kind of seawall before investing
there, or they
should have designed their houses better.     Note that the water tower of
that
area seems to have little damage, for example.

There were a lot of older crappy homes there that were sort of an eyesore.

We met a Honduran family there that made a living collecting oysters by
hand along the jetties.    It was very interesting to watch them.

I gotta go.

David