I won a door prize this year at TCR.     It was a Tikkina headlamp.

http://www.campmor.com/images/lights/larger/37764_l.jpg

I would like to say thank you to Whole Earth for donating all the cool
prizes this year.

The Tikkina's number one feature is that it is lightweight.

This headlamp would probably work excellent in "Airman's Cave."

 The Tikkina is not a suitable caving headlamp for wet caves, or large
cave passage, and certainly not for really big caves.

The Tikkina would be handy on an overnight hiking trip, and to use around in
your tent.

For $ 23, you could buy a better LED headlamp.

I don't like the switch, and that you can't dim the light, or temporarily
make
it brighter.

I know cavers take lamps like the Tikkina and attach them to the helmet
above,
or to the side of their primary light.   That would be fine if you plan to
go
to a dry cave.    I will let somebody who does that say more about the
advantages and disadvantages of doing that.

The Tikkina is sold at many outdoor retailers.     I bet Academy even
sells it.

In my opinion, the Tikkina and similar lights need to be more rugged.
Perhaps, they could make the helmet bracket out of stainless steel,
or put a rubber coating around it somehow.

I am only going to give it 1 star out of 5.

On a related note,

 My theory is that tiny lamps like this will be more practical
someday when the capacity of triple-A batteries becomes
greater.    Also, if LED lights ever get more efficient; then this style
of headlamp will become more suitable for caving.

David Locklear