There are six lodging options for the ICS.

On campus:
1) Loud campground: located in the vicinity of the pavilion where the Howdy
Party, Terminal Syphons Concert, and other evening social events will occur.

2) Quiet campground: Located on the opposite side of the Schreiner
University campus. Both campgrounds are only a 1-5 minute walk from the
sessions. Portable toilets, caver-built showers, and toilets and showers in
the campus gymnasium will be available for the campgrounds. Combined, the on
campus campgrounds total 27 acres.

3) Dormitories: Two beds in one air conditioned room. In three of the four
dorm buildings, two rooms share one bathroom. In the fourth building (and
last to be filled), 10 rooms share one large communal bathroom.

4) Apartments: Two bedrooms per apartments, with one bed per bedroom and one
private bathroom per bedroom. They have a communal area plus a kitchen, but
no utensils or cooking supplies.

Off campus:
5) A diverse group of hotels and motels.

6) Kerrville-Schreiner Park: This is the park where TSA convention was held
last spring and will likely occur again next spring. The ICS has reserved
the area near the Guadalupe River, the same area where the TSA Convention
occurred. Reservations for this area will be only for the ICS until 31 March
2009, after which any unreserved spots will be available to the general
public. Key reasons to camp here are if you want direct access to the river,
have an RV (not allowed in the Schreiner University campgrounds) or pets
(also not allowed at Schreiner). Keep in mind that pets must not be left
unaccompanied. If you bring a pet to Kerrville, bring friends or family
members so at least someone can stay with the pet at the park. Another
option is to coordinate among cavers coming with pets and rotate pet-sitting
duties among a larger group. If you've made reservations at the park but
were not aware that this area is reserved for the ICS, call the park to
change your reservation to that area if needed and desired.

Details on lodging options and all other aspects of the ICS are posted on
the ICS website: www.ics2009.us. Maps of on-campus camping are currently
being drafted and will be posted as soon as they are ready. Select
"Accommodations", 7th from the bottom of the menu on the left side of the
website's pages, for more information, including the exact campsite numbers
reserved for the ICS at Kerrville-Schreiner Park.

George