I am posting this here, because this could happen at the edge of a cave
if you are not careful:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/11/12/english.or.kid.falls.from.cliffs.katu

I once saw something like this happen at a cave.

I was at "Little Brehmer Cave" near New Braunfels in 1990.

The owner, an elder woman named Mrs. Stahls, was standing next to the
cave edge and was talking and the next thing I knew, she was tumbling backwards
head-first into the cave.     She got right back up and laughed and
insisted she was
ok.   Then the hard-headed old lady got in her old
rusty truck and shifted into 1st gear and drove home with a small gash
on her head
all by herself.

David Locklear
Fort Bend County Armchair Cavers Association ( FBCACA )