Advantages to Super Capacitors:

1.   Can be used and recharged millions of time.

2.    Low impedance - enhances load handling when put in paralleled
with a battery.
        ( I think this means a flashlight could be designed to run
longer with less batteries )

3.    Re-charge in seconds.

4.    Simple charge methods - no full-charge detection is needed; no
danger of overcharge.
      ( thus easier to charge in cigarette lighter, Right ? )

Limitations to Super Capacitors:

1.    Linear discharge voltage prevents use of the full energy spectrum.
       ( I think this means LED light goes out immediately, instead of
running dim for several hours )

2.    Low energy density - typically holds one-fifth to one-tenth the
energy of an electrochemical battery.
       ( thus more bulky than a AA battery )

3.    Cells have low voltages - serial connections are needed to
obtain higher voltages. Voltage balancing is required if more than
three    capacitors are connected in series.    ( I think this means
more of a problem with brighter LED lamps )

4.    High self-discharge - the rate is considerably higher than that
of an electrochemical battery.
       ( thus not good for expedition trips underground )