YUP!
Except here in the good ole USA - its not called "bribing" it's called
"politics".
There are so many cozy (and oh so legitimate) relationships between
developers and law makers and governors - past and present. (Williams, Bush,
Perry - and NO I don't consider 'Richards' to have been "one of THEM")
Some legislators, I understand, are partners of land development companies,
or at least real good buddies or frat brothers with someone who owns one.
(The borders of the "100 year flood plain" off the banks the Guadalupe have
been under water something like seven times over the past 50 years.  I think
it was time to redraw those borders some time ago!  I mean WHICH 100 years
are we talking about?!?!)
-WaV