Dear Friends,

The National Cave and Karst Research Institute (NCKRI) is building its staff
by hiring a Director to establish, lead, and coordinate our Education
Program. I'm sending you this message because of your interest in caves,
karst, and NCKRI. While many of you won't be interested in the job for
yourselves, please forward this note to anyone you think may be interested.
You are also welcome to post it on websites and in newsletters.

NCKRI's interest in education is not just in the traditional classroom
sense, but at all levels to include reaching policy-makers, agencies,
organizations, and the general public at national and international levels.
We're looking for someone with a strong education background, with an
emphasis in the physical or environmental sciences, and the ability to lead
and develop effective educational programs. Certainly experience in caves
and karst is desired. However, applicants with limited cave and karst
knowledge but with related experience and a proven ability to learn and
adapt well, will definitely be considered.

The job announcement has recently been posted at
http://externalweb.nmt.edu/hr/jobs/AsscDirofEdNCKRI08-098.htm. The
announcement has also been sent to various education organizations'
magazines and websites. Since some of those won't be printed until
September, we plan to accept applications through mid-October. I will also
be out of town much of this time (beginning 9 August), and so if you have
questions, please direct them to the contact listed on the website.

The job will be stationed in Carlsbad, New Mexico. When I moved here 18
months ago, several people asked why I would want to live in Carlsbad. In
all honesty, I wasn't sure I wanted to. But when my wife and I took a close
look at the town, we found a lot more here than people see when casually
driving through. We wouldn't have moved here unless we were sure we could be
happy, and we are. I encourage anyone interested in the Education Director
position to come give Carlsbad a good look. It's a good place to live and
NCKRI promises an exciting future to whoever gets this job.

George

***********************

George Veni, Ph.D.

Executive Director

National Cave and Karst Research Institute

1400 Commerce Dr.

Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220  USA

gv...@nckri.org

www.nckri.org