Today I took a quick look at the maps, photos & artwork.

There were several large maps showing interesting caves
across the country.     The CRF along with Bob Guilden
had some great entries.

The art salon is one of my favorite things to see at convention.

There was a large quilt showing the NSS Florida Convention.

Marianne Gamble had a very nice glass exhibit showing
prehistoric cave painting.

Alice Rolfes-Carl ( ? )  had a nice tile mosaic of a cave
entrance.

Peter & Ann Bosted raised the notch again this year
with their psychodelic helectictes.     I would hang
that in my house.

Jerry Wallace had a nice photo of a girl standing near
a waterfall in a cave.

There was one photo that I could name the photographer
without even reading the label.      Robert Coomer.   The
photo was good, but I think that when someone has a
style that stands out from everybody else that it is worth
mentioning.

But there were dozens of good entries.

In addition,

Kim Metzgar had a nice t-shirt entry of Lincoln Caverns.

Several Grottos had interesting newsletter covers.

There are lots of cavers here today.

I have seen Alex Sproul, Barb Capocy, and met a caver from Austin,
named Vicki.

The weather is cool and humid.     It rained most of the night.     I was
sleeping in my car, so it got a little stuffy.

Gerald Moni is here.

Next stop,

Some international presentations on cave exploration.

To be continued ...

David Locklear

The campground has an interesting large oak tree that everybody
has gathered around.      That is where all the late night socializing
is.     I saw Bill Rupley, Terry Raines and family, Mike Walsh, Pete
Strickland,
Albert Ogdon, and many others celebrating the 40th ( ? ) anniversary of
Groad
Hollow.  [ The infamous cave camp at NSS Conventions ]