You may want to get on the Big Bend Chat Page or the Big Bend National
Park web page and see what the latest information is on crossings.

Geary

-----Original Message-----
From: Nico Escamilla [mailto:pitboun...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 6:27 PM
To: Mike Gross
Cc: Ted Samsel; Cave Texas
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] All border crossings to be put into a data
base.

Last year Tone Garot and I were scouting for bat caves in that area.
we heard stories about that little cafe/diner thingie and it was our
intention to actually go there but two things kept us from doing so, we
from locals that both the La Linda and the Boquillas crossings had been
shut for a while the cafe owner had died and so did his business, and
number two, the roads were in terrible shape, that is without mentioning
the locked gates along the road. beautiful landscapes, lots of shelter
caves.