texascavers Digest 28 Aug 2008 23:58:41 -0000 Issue 598

Topics (messages 8845 through 8852):

Help from Austin Cavers coming to Deep this weekend
        8845 by: Geary Schindel
        8848 by: Geary Schindel
        8849 by: Fritz Holt

Re: Nevada Barr's "Blind Descent"
        8846 by: Louise Power
        8847 by: Fritz Holt
        8852 by: caverchad.maverickgrotto.org

Items for the Locklear wish list!
        8850 by: Bill Bentley
        8851 by: Minton, Mark

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
I just got a call from our suppler of the E-Loo toilet system at the
cabin and he was going to deliver a drop tube (toilet stand) for our
composting/desiccating toilet but he had problems getting it delivered
to San Marcos yesterday. This is a really important part of the toilet
system and we need to have it to make the system work.  I told him that
I have some folks going up to Deep this weekend from Austin and if he
could deliver it to one of them, maybe they could bring it.  He didn't
think that would be a problem (he is based in Elgan, Texas).  The part
is about two feet long and about a foot in diameter and made of plastic.
It is the part that the toilet seat mounts on (I know not everyone in
Austin has a toilet seat but I think most folks know what I'm talking
about).  Here is your chance to be the hero to all the sphincters that
will be at Deep this weekend and all future sphincters that will ever
visit the property.

So, I need someone he can contact to deliver it today or tomorrow and
that can bring it to the cabin.  I can send him your contact information
if you email me off line or call me at 210-326-1576 (cell).

Thanks,

Geary

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Folks,

Gary Franklin has come to the rescue of all the sphincters that will be
at Deep this weekend.  Make sure that you thank him when you get a
chance.

Geary

[...]

Let's hope that all of our sphincters are working properly or it could be an
embarrassing weekend.

________________________________
[...]

I've read all her others, except the most recent, and I agree.

From: quinta@clearwire.netTo: pat_s...@telus.net; power_lou...@hotmail.com;
texascavers@texascavers.comSubject: Re: [Texascavers] Nevada Barr's "Blind
Descent"Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:11:31 -0500

If you liked this one you will like the other park mystery books by Nevada Barr.
Quinta

In 1998, she published Blind Descent, her sixth in the series, which took place
in a highly disguised Lechuguilla Cave, Carlsbad Caverns NP: Blind Descent, the
sixth in the Anna Pigeon series, is set in Carlsbad Caverns National Park.
Lechuguilla, the cave the action takes place in has been largely fictionalized
both for plot and because, to preserve it, the NPS has closed the cave to
visitors. Blind Descent was nominated for an Anthony Award.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Roger and Louise,
Louise's enlightenment on Nevada Barr's prowess as a mystery writer makes this
non-fiction only reader want to at least read "Blind Descent". I also found
Roger's recounting of his association with her at book signings and the
astronaut tie in to be most informative. Roger and Louise both seem to have had
many interesting and even historical experiences in their lives or that of
their family. I for one enjoy these on and off topic interesting posts. Thanks.
Fritz