Yesterday I became the proud owner of 40 lbs of cheese.  It's a 5 to 1
mixture of diced mozzerella and cheddar.
The stuff comes shipped frozen - and as so would remain viable, good or
"fresh" until some time next year.
However, once thawed - as it were - still packaged - it only has a 3 day
"shelf life".
Rather than see all that stuff go into a dumpster - I stepped in to try to
save it.
I have opened one box and checked it - it certainly doesnt look, feel or
smell spoiled - so I put it all into my freezer where it now waits some big
cheesy disbursement.  Free quesadillas at the next TCR comes to mind.
But doesn't cheese age for months at room temperature?
I figure - except for the opened and examined portion - the stuff is
uncontaminated and refrozen, it should last at least until October.
I did have some liquid - whey laced water - leak from one box as it was
being refrozen.  I checked that one, which looked fine - I rewrapped the bag
and placed it back in the freezer with the top of the bag pointing upward.
This morning I looked and there have been no other leaks.
Also I've got a load of frozen diced red/green bell peppers and fajita style
steak strips (discontinued items, never unfrozen).
Any opinions on the usability of this stuff?
Having coronary issues - I shirk from the thought of eating it all myself.
-WaV
totally willing to share