> I am just curious when the Land Fund was officially created.

David
The LAND FUND was started with the original $500 honorarium granted the
TSA for hosting the '94 NSS convention.
It took the TSA until the TCR General meeting of 1995 to vote to approve a
change in the by-laws to provide the mechanism of the 3-member Board of
Directors for the Land Fund.
It's been growing and managed by the 3-member board since then.

I recall the Chair of the TSA holds one seat, the other two seats are
staggered over relatively long terms: continuity on the board in order to
maintain institutional memory was a high priority when we desgined it.
(so much the TSA does is forgotten... case in point)