Imagine, if you really had one of these robots in the house.

     http://news.cnet.com/8301-17912_3-9967781-72.html?tag=nefd.riv

In my opinion, the 1st household robots should do everything that I an iPhone
does, but only much bigger and and much better.

It must contain:
      1.     a large digital clock that is visible,
      2.     an alarm clock,
      3.     a 9" touchscreen video display on the chest.
      4.     Loud speakers.
      5.     iPhone like software programs.
       6.    Several 512 gig SSD hard-drives.
       7.    Memory slots for memory cards.MPEG player that not only
has thousands of
              music videos, but the ability to play the video by the
              voice command of the user.       For example, my
daughter should be
              able to say "Robot.    Play the Barney version of the song:
                 The Green Grass Grows All Around."

http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/barney_lyrics_42426/other_lyrics_75591/the_green_grass_grows_all_around_lyrics_774855.html

       8.    Have a fire alarm, and carbon monoxide detector.

       9.    LED lights if it detects a power failure in the house.

      10.   Place video phone calls.

       11.    Robot should be able to answer simple spelling questions.
                 For example:    "Robot.    How do you spell Mississippi."

       12.    It should be able to play games via the touchscreen such
as Tic-Tac-Toe.

       13.    Work as a watch dog at the door as you sleep or are away
from home,
                 having motion detectors and ability to send alarm to
a security company.

I am sure I left out a practical feature.

I believe the wealthy will have a robot in their house within 20 years.

I doubt I will live to see later models of robots, but here are some ideas
for what they might do.

2nd Generation models should be able to interact with 6 year old children
as the children do simple things like watch TV.     For example, the robot
would notify the parents that the child has woke up from their nap or is
no longer watching TV or has left the play room or is missing.

It should be able to play a real game of checkers with older kids.
It should have programming capability to respond to various sounds that a child
makes.     For example, the difference between pouting and screaming
in pain.

3rd Generation models should be able to play more complex childrens
games like Candyland, or Chinese Checkers, Parcheesi.

5th Generation models should be able to interact with a toddlers as
they play with her Barbie Dolls in the Doll house.      And play outdoor games
like the ability to throw a frisbee to you.       And the capability
to play other
board games like Stratego, Chess, Life, Monopoly, etc.

David Locklear