doesn't work in some areas. Think back to the old tv show "Northern Exposure.">
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:55:20 -0500> From: dlocklea...@gmail.com> To:
o...@texascavers.com> Subject: [ot_caving] the hospital industry> > Has anybody
noticed lately that small hospitals are closing their doors> for good?> > Now
some people have to drive further to a mega-hospital or a large> medical
centers?> > The reason for this, is doctors can make a whole lot more money,
because> they can double or triple the number of patients they see in a day.> >
However, the poor and the middle class will have to be inconvenienced by> this
move.> > The newly built hospitals do have some nice features, but they are
frickin> expensive to go to. My younger brother spent a week in one recently>
to have his appendix removed. It cost $ 80,000. The same operation> in Bolivia
cost 40 dollars and that includes all lab test and extra fees.> > I am really
disappointed in the direction our medical industry is going.> It is driven by
greed, and their claims of helping humanity seem to be> a smokescreen.> > Does
a doctor really deserve an income of $ 300,000 a year? What> if he can hardly
speak English and finished his training at a> Pakastani Hospital? What if he
only has 5 years of experience?> > How do you really know with certaintity that
your doctor is highly qualified> to remove one of your organs?> > David
Locklear> >