Shouldn't your cave map note the normal threshold boundary
of total darkness?

Here is an e-mail I received from a company that sells a gadget
that could measure light intensity in a cave passage and possibly
determine the boundary line of total darkness in a cave:

Our system will provide you with accurate measurements of the light intensity,
or lack of it.

The range is 0.001 ft candles to 140 ft candles. The device is a handheld
portable meter with a sensor connected with a cable. The meter has a
backlit screen, so when taking readings you will have to make sure this
is turned off, otherwise it will have an impact on your readings.

This sensor is only measuring light, which is the visible part of the
spectrum. It will not record any UV or IR radiation.
If this is what you are looking for, the meter and sensor will cost
$1,385.00, FOB Glenside, PA.

Best regards,

Terry Harding
Director of Sales & Marketing